Flower Frame Mirror Workshop [Beginner]
What can you expect from this class?
You will learn how to make a polymer clay mirror from scratch. In this class, you will have fun deciding what kind of flowers you want to frame your mirror. An acrylic or metal stand will be provided for you to prop up the completed mirror.
During the class, you will also be guided to explore your own relationship with yourself. We will be having some conversations about how perceptions define us, and many other thought-provoking topics (if we have the time). During the 1 hour baking time, I may even do a quick tarot/oracle reading for you but it's totally optional and free!
By the end of the class, you will walk away with a beautiful mirror and a lot of thought-provoking ideas to think about. Perhaps you'll even walk away with a new perspective of yourself. This is both a craft and self-development class!
What will you learn from this class?- How to condition clay
- Some sculpting techniques required to have a clean finish
- Using cutters to create little flowers to frame your mirror
- How to clean and finish the clay parts of the mirror before and after baking.
What is the size of the mirror?
There are 2 sizes available. The bigger one will take more time to make. The size measurement below is for the end result (after adding the polymer clay frame).
- 9x12cm (rectangle) or 10cm diameter (round)
- 15x20cm (rectangle) or 17cm diameter (round) +$30 top-up
*Note: The listing is for the basic option 9x12cm or 10cm diameter. If you wish to go for the bigger mirror, you can top up $30 at the class
How long will the class be?
It will be at least 4 hours. If you are in a rush, you don't have to wait for the mirror to finish baking in the oven, I can finish and mail it to you after the class ends. The class duration also depends on how big your mirror is, and how fast you work. It might be as long as 5 to 6 hours.
Where will the class be?
It will be held in my home studio (postal code 530950) in Singapore. The full address will be provided to you after payment has been received.
- If you are signing up with a friend, use the code PLAYFORTWO for 10% off your workshop fees. The code only applies if there is a minimum of 2 quantities (for this workshop listing) checked out within the same order.
- Bundle Deal! Attend one class and get 15% off the second class! Discount code will be shared after payment completion of the first class.
- If you are paying via PAYNOW/PAYLAH, you can take $5 off per workshop participant. No code is required.
- Get 10% off your online purchase! The discount code will be sent to you after payment has been made for the workshop. The code will expire on your workshop date. Choose self-collection so you can collect it on the day of your workshop and save on shipping!
- This workshop requires a minimum of 2 people to start and can accommodate up to 4 people in each class. We will notify you at least 5 days in advance if the class cannot proceed.
- Light snacks and drinks will be provided during class.
- Do note that this mirror is only intended to be resting on a surface and not meant to be hung.
- For weekday workshops, kindly contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a date/time before paying for the class.
On Cancellations and Refunds
- Cancellations and rescheduling will not be allowed. There will be no refunds given under any condition.
- In the event you really cannot make it for the class, we may (on a case-by-case basis) allow a one-time rescheduling at no cost. Subsequent rescheduling will be at $20 per change.
- In the event that I have to cancel the class for unforeseen circumstances, I will offer a one-time postponement free of charge. I will try my best to ensure this does not happen (unless I fall sick).